De Beste Datingsites
- The dating website Sentimente and photographer Mihnea Ratte decided to use photos to demonstrate how love can change people.
- They staged a photo shoot, surprising the subjects with a video message from someone they loved during the session.
- The before-and-after comparisons demonstrate the way love can change a person’s body language.
- “Body language tells [you] everything about how you feel in the moment the picture was taken,” Ratte told Insider.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The dating website Sentimente and photographer Mihnea Ratte wanted to demonstrate the impact of love through pictures.
The subjects weren’t told they would be shown a video message while they were being photographed.
Ratte was initially skeptical of the project, as he didn’t know if amateur subjects would be able to react as he and the Sentimente team were imagining.
Ratte was most surprised by the changes to people’s bodies.
Ratte believes that love’s impact is physically obvious. “You can see it in people eyes, smile, gestures,” he said.
The reactions varied from dramatic laughter to more subtle smiles.
Ratte made particular note of Oana’s body language. “She felt so vulnerable she wanted to hide herself,” he said of her hands covering her face.
“Body language tells [you] everything about how you feel in the moment the picture was taken,” Ratte said.